Treatment of Stage II Esophageal Cancer
For information about the treatments listed below, see the Treatment Option Overview section.
Treatment of stage II esophageal squamous cell carcinoma or adenocarcinoma may include the following:
- Chemoradiation therapy followed by surgery.
- Surgery alone.
- Chemotherapy followed by surgery.
- Chemoradiation therapy alone.
Use our clinical trial search to find NCI-supported cancer clinical trials that are accepting patients. You can search for trials based on the type of cancer, the age of the patient, and where the trials are being done. General information about clinical trials is also available.
- General Information About Esophageal Cancer
- Stages of Esophageal Cancer
- Treatment Option Overview
- Treatment of Stage 0 (High-grade Dysplasia)
- Treatment of Stage I Esophageal Cancer
- Treatment of Stage II Esophageal Cancer
- Treatment of Stage III Esophageal Cancer
- Treatment of Stage IV Esophageal Cancer
- Treatment of Recurrent Esophageal Cancer
- To Learn More About Esophageal Cancer